I, recently, went for shopping with few of my girls. And, more than any other thing, this beautiful freely-flowing and loosely-fit kaftans caught my eyes. I was indeed surprised to see such a wide range of kaftans, and was available in varieties of fabrics and designs. There were light fabric kaftans meant for everyday use. Or, you can even choose designer or printed kaftans depending on the occasion you choose to wear the kaftans.
Here are some tips for you on how to wear kaftans stylishly.
- Kaftans is available in numerous designs, hues, lengths and variety of fabrics. It is a must for your wardrobe especially because it serves as a multi-utility garment.
- Going out for a beach party? Pick up a kaftan made out of organic fabrics - like cotton or silk. The basic theory underlying behind these natural fabrics is that it absorbs the sweat, helping your body to stay cool throughout a hot sunny day.
- Whereas, opt for fabrics like rayon, silk, satin or georgette for an evening party - depending upon you comfort and style. Heavy printed and zari work kaftans are also available in the market, for those who loves flashy materials.
- Kaftans come in both short as well long versions. If you want to get dressed in it for a day in office, then go for a medium-length printed kaftan, and team it up with a pair of leggings and some light accessories to complete your look.
- Decide on a short kaftan with a pair of slim-fitted jeans or shorts for a casual outing. Team it up with a small purse , completeing your outfit to make you look umber-trendy.
- Cocktail party are always refreshing. A floor-length or floor-hugging kaftan, instead of a gown, will make you look trendy and classic at the same time.
- Look stylish, bubbly yet traditional at any function - pick up the one which is slightly above your ankles, so that you can team it up with a matching churidar.
- For an evening party, pair your long and shiny kaftan with a small and beautiful clutch along with high heels. This is sure to enhance your look. It is also advisable to excavate the neckpieces and opt for the heavy earrings. Or, if you are planning on wearing a plain or printed kaftan, then you can wear a glassy necklace without hesitation. Add a few sleek bangles or a bracelet to complete your look.
- Statement ring have classy yet elegant and effortless appeal. You can match this type of rings with your kaftan and look beautiful.